Second Time Around
In 1986 Monica Borrfors was chosen to do the Jazz in Sweden recording, and with that much acclaimed album she received a Swedish Grammy Award. Second Time Around is her second album with the Quintet, this time reinforced on some of the tracks with brass. Some of the arrangements are made by Bernt Rosengren. This album was also nominated for The Swedish Grammy Award (Grammis).
As a soloist Monica has been singing with Bernt Rosengren Big Band and The Big Band of the Danish Radio. The Monica Borrfors Quintet on this album consists of Stefan Isaksson, tenor saxophone, Gösta Nilsson, piano, Per Nilsson, double bass and Magnus Öström, drums. Other participating musicians are: Maffy Falay and Bertil Lövgren, flugelhorn, Håkan Nyqvist, French horn, Elvan Araci, trombone and Sven Larsson, contrabass trombone.
- 1.Happy Again Music: Lars Gullin Text: Claude Stephensson2'23
- 2.Round Midnight Music: T Monk/C Williams/B Hanighen4'50
- 3.How Deep Is The Ocean Music: Irwin Berlin3'39
- 4.When Sunny Gets Blue Music: M Fischer/J Segal5'11
- 5.Alone Together Music: H Dietz/A Schwartz4'52
- 6.Little Man You´ve Had A Busy Day Music: M Wayne/M Siegler4'10
- 7.Old Folks Music: Detette Hill/Willard Robinson6'50
- 8.That Old Black Magic Music: Harold Arlen/Johnny Mercer3'15
- 9.Since Love Music: Gösta Nilsson/Eric Bibb4'08
- 10.Twisted Music: Annie Ross/Wardel Gray4'58
- 11.The Second Time Around Music: Sammy Cahn/Jimmy van Heusen4'47
- Total playtime 49'56