Jeanette Lindström Quintet
Before the 1995 year Jazz in Sweden CD had been released, few people had ever heard of Jeanette Lindström. Quincy Jones heard her and was very complimentary, she appeared at Fasching and other jazz points – and one thing led to another.
Jeanette Lindström was born in Östersund in the north of Sweden. She started out playing the piano, and continued her education at the Östersund High School of Music and the Skurup Community College, where she trained as a singer. She later graduated from the Royal College of Music in Stockholm.
Participating musicians on this CD are; Örjan Hultén, saxophones, Torbjörn Gulz, piano, Dan Berglund, bass and Magnus Öström, drums.
- 1.Never Will I Marry Music: Frank Loeser7'21
- 2.Another Country Music: Jeanette Lindström5'39
- 3.All the World's A Stage Music: Jeanette Lindström Text: steve Dobrogosz5'36
- 4.It Don't Come Easy Music: Radka Toneff6'10
- 5.Cold Music: Jeanette Lindström1'43
- 6.The Answer Music: Jeanette Lindström Text: Robert Creely3'50
- 7.Meeting Music: Jeanette Lindström4'14
- 8.Lonely House Music: Kurt Weil Text: Langston Hughes5'07
- 9.Wives And Lovers Music: Burt Bacharach Text: Hal David4'59
- 10.White Lady In The Window Music: Jeanette Lindström Text: Steve Dobrogosz7'58
- 11.Competition Music: Jeanette Lindström8'32
- 12.Speak low Music: Kurt Weil Text: Langston Hughes6'21
- Total playtime 68'10