Golbang is one of Sweden’s many exiting and interesting World Music groups. Oriental music is their specialty. The group was formed in 1994, and has participated in numerous festivals (including the ReOrient Festival, the Falun Folk Music Festival, Folk o Folk and the Rinkeby Festival). The group is devoted primarily to Iranian folk music, but also plays Baluchi dance music and World Music with Gambian rhythms.
The members of Golband have varying cultural backgrounds. They come from Gambia, Iran, Kurdistan, Turkey and Sweden: Rostam Mirlashari, vocals (Iran), Abdul Rahman Surizahi, banjo (Iran), Ahmad Mirzadeh, synthesizer (Iran), Ebrima Kamara, percussion (Gambia), Edip Aikcin, darbuka, dohol, zil (Turkey), Bejar Dilan, bass (Kurdistan), Hassan Adinnezadeh, drums (Iran), Ramtin Saramolki, guitar and synthesizer (Iran). Also participating on this CD as a chorus are Rosita Lunder, Maria Nygren and Batool Karimzadeh.
- 1.Vashmalle Music: Satar Baluch/Shaffi Baluch Text: Satar Baluch/Shafi Baluch4'52
- 2.Ghosse (Grief) Music: Ali Alavi Text: M Ghavidel3'55
- 3.Saghi Music: Trad. arr. Ahmad Mirzadeh4'23
- 4.Leili jan Music: Trad. arr. Golbang
- 5.Kallbashir Music: Trad. arr. Jasem Abkar3'31
- 6.Nazina Baluchana Music: Satar Baluch/Shafi Baluch Text: Satar Baluch/Shafi Baluch6'13
- 7.Toye band bande moghon Music: Trad.arr. Jasem Abkar/Ahmad Mirzadeh Text: Zahra Daman Khosh4'46
- 8.Gol be dahan Music: Ahmed Mirzadeh/Amir Berghashi Text: Amir Berghashí4'24
- 9.Chesme syah Music: Trad arr. Ahmad Mirzadeh Text: Trad.3'10
- 10.Ey momm Jamaya Music: Trad. arr. Golbang3'10
- Total playtime 42'50